This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
I’ve also included these questions in list form so that YOU can use them for your own “Get to know me tag” video or blog post as well! I scoured and scoured the internet to curate these questions so that you wouldn’t have to! Anyway, without further adieu, here are 35 questions and answers so that you can get to know the personality behind the blog!
Oh, hi there beautiful! My name is Maya, and you must be new here, because this is my FIRST official blog post here at Maya a la Mode! No one actually tagged me to create this post, but I felt kinda weird just jumping into creating content without an official introduction (old-school parent alert LOL/IYKYK)! I thought a “Get to know me tag question and answer” would be a super fun way to give my readers a little insight into who I am as a person.
1. What does your name mean?
My first name, Maya, is translatable in several different cultures and languages. The Hindu meaning is “Goddess of Illusion” or “dream“. In Greek Maya translates to “good mother.” The Romans believed Maya to be “goddess of spring” and “mother earth”. The accuracy is uncanny.
2. What does your middle name mean?
My middle name means “power” in Swahili.
3. Who were you named after?
I was named after the late great Maya Angelou. I aspire.
4. Do you have any tattoos?
I am suuuuuper tatted and I love it, LOL, buuuut if I could go back I might just keep my canvas blank. I think our skin un-messed-with is so Goddess-like.
5. What is your favorite color?
My favorite color is pink. Hands friggin’ down. Hence the following:
6. Who are your favorite YouTubers?
Some of absolute favs are Erin on Demand, Octavia B…
7. What is your favorite movie?
My favorite movie of all time is A Bronx Tale.
8. What are you listening to right now?
Literally at this moment, nothing. But in general on the daily, I’ve been deep into this affirmation playlist that I made so I can actively reprogram my thoughts to a more Goddess-like vibration.
9. What is your favorite drink?
My favorite adult beverage is Hennessy straight (with a fresh lemon or lime behind it), and my favorite non-alcoholic beverage is Simply Fruit Punch with a splash of Ginger Ale. It literally tastes like homemade Tiki Punch but betterrrrr!!
10. What is your favorite thing to eat?
I cannot in good consciousness choose just one, so my favorites are: Butter Chicken from my favorite Indian place, a veggie platter from my favorite Ethiopian place, or tofu teriyaki from my favorite sushi place. When cooking at home I love to make wings and homemade french fries!
11. Have you ever cried watching a movie?
All the damn time and I’m SICK of it! When the daddy dino died in “Good Dinosaur” I lost it.
12. What type of drunk are you?
I’m a happy, energetic, super fun drunk. I cannot for the life of me understand why people become so angry off of alcohol, but if that’s you–put it down. The rest of us are just trying to enjoy ourselves. LOL.
13. What’s your favorite tv show?
Right now my guilty pleasures are “Love During Lockup” and “Before the 90 Days”. I’m also addicted to “First 48” because my family has had a homicide close to us that will never get solved so watching gives me solace.
14. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself on a yacht with a banging body, bank account on FULL, vibrating higher than I ever have, giving my kids the life of their lives on vacation in the Seychelles.
15. Is it ok for guys to wear pink?
Men in pink is the ultimate sign of masculinity. Men in pink defy all weird societal gender norms and that is such a friggin’ turn-on!
16. What size is your bed?
King size ova here baby. With all white bedding like a hotel even though you didn’t ask.
17. What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
- A Bronx Tale
- Good Dinosaur
- Book of Life
- Sex and the City 1 & 2
- Alex Cross
18. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket/gotten out of one?
Yes and yes. LOL.
19. What is your lunar sign?
I’m actually year of the Tiger which is this year! I’m literally the cool kid in class.
20. Have you ever used a gun?
Not for evil! I’ve only ever practiced using an assault rifle, but by the end of 2022 I’m gonna be nice using anything I lay hands on. Call me John Wick with a stick.
21. What’s your favorite type of fruit pie?
Dutch apple pie, and I might just bless y’all with the recipe straight from my good friend who brought it with her from the Netherlands.
22. Coffee or tea?
Both! But my favorite k-cups are the Target brand hazelnut flavor and I’m going to make myself a cup of tea right now.
23. Do you bite your nails?
Loaded question, but if my nails aren’t protected with dip powder, it gets a bit risqué. If I get a single jagged edge I will absolutely get to chewing (palm on forehead).
24. Do you have any phobias?
I’m am absolutely terrified of spiders. I’ll murk them but not without a gut-wrenching scream-bloody-murder. It’s honestly ridiculous.
25. What’s the last concert you attended?
Summer Walker! It was everything. Here’s a bathroom pic from before showtime. ; )
26. What is one food you refuse to eat?
I do not care how basic this makes me but under no circumstances ever will I eat escargot. Also basil. Yuck. I wanna vomit.
27. Mood as a song?
Surrender – Jhene Aiko. Dassit.
28. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
I am currently OBSESSED with Trader Joe’s protein pancake mix. I’ll make those with two scrambled eggs and a side of turkey bacon with that hazelnut coffee we discussed earlier and be the happiest camper!
29. Do you have children? How many?
I have two girls that are the loves of my life. My oldest is 17 and my youngest is 9.
30. What would you want written on your tombstone?
“Baddest bitch alive, don’t y’all dare cry.” J/k. This is a hard one, but the sentiment remains that I want my visitors to smile every time they see me. : )
31. Windows or Mac?
All Mac errrrthang.
32. Top pet peeves?
- The fact that common sense isn’t common.
- People who pick on others who they perceive as vulnerable.
- Men who don’t hold doors.
- Men who want to go half on the financials but not half on the housework/child rearing.
- Drivers who cut you off to go slow.
33. What do you think other people love about you?
The energy. My vibration is unmatched. It’s not on me it’s in me.
34. What has been your biggest regret up to now?
That I haven’t treated life/time like it’s a bank account that is constantly depleting. If I had, I would be in a different place right now I think. We all have a destiny and purpose that’s deeper than what we see in front of us, and it’s our responsibility to walk in that purpose in order to be of service to others. We all have a gift to share whether we know it or not, and if we die with it inside it literally serves no one.
35. If the world was in chaos, what would you do to survive?
I think the world is currently in shambles and I’m surviving by taking a day at a time.
Well that’s a little bit about me, I hope you enjoyed! Below is a list of the questions for you to copy and paste. If you make your own blog post or YouTube video please don’t hesitate to say I tagged you or link back to this post!
Otherwise, stay safe and healthy Gorgeous!
Get to know me tag questions: (Just copy and paste!)
- What does your name mean?
- What does your middle name mean?
- Who were you named after?
- What is your fav color?
- Do you have any tattoos?
- Favorite YouTubers?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What are you listening to right now?
- What is your favorite drink?
- What is your favorite thing to eat?
- Have you ever cried watching a movie?
- How do you behave drunk?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Is it ok for guys to wear pink?
- What size is your bed?
- What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
- Ever gotten a speeding ticket/gotten out of one?
- What is your lunar zodiac sign?
- Have you ever used a gun?
- Favorite type of fruit pie?
- Coffee or tea?
- Do you bite your nails?
- Do you have any phobias?
- What’s the last concert you went to?
- What is one food you refuse to eat?
- Mood in a song…
- Favorite thing to have for breakfast?
- Do you have children? How many?
- What would you want to be written on your own tombstone?
- Windows or Mac?
- What are your top pet peeves?
- What do you think other people love about you?
- What has been your biggest regret up to now?
- If the world was in chaos, what would you do to survive?
Happy to be a witness to your creative work!